Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rednecks

My sister and I were chatting on Facebook the other day, and she mentioned not knowing where she and her family were going to end up...and a funny conversation ensued.

Me: Dad thinks you'll end up in Arkansas.
Meredith: Why?
Me: He says you like warm weather.
Meredith: Yeah...I love the south. I always thought I was supposed to be southern. But I can't imagine living in Arkansas.
Me: Oh, okay. That's where Dustin's family is right? [Dustin is her husband.]
Meredith: Yeah, and I'd love to live close to them but Arkansas sucks. I mean, every stereotype you've ever heard about rednecks or Arkansas is completely true.
Me: Gotcha.
Meredith: For example: Dustin paternal grandma married his mother's uncle. Dustin's mother's uncle. I don't even know how to explain it. Dustin's step grandpa is also his great uncle on the other side.
Me: Ew.
Meredith: LOL exactly. His parents met at this guy's funeral.
Me: Wow.
Meredith: See why I don't want to live there?
Me: Yeah...you'd have to let your kids marry each other.

1 comment:

Karolyn said...

haha-that is funny. arkansas isn't so bad at least the part i have been to.

Post a Comment