Monday, July 22, 2013

Two Months

Alice and Zed had their two month check up last week and they are doing great!
Zed is 22.5 inches long and weighs 9 pounds, 6 ounces, which puts him in the 23rd percentile for height and the 2nd percentile for weight.
Alice is 22.5 inches long and weighs 9 pounds, 1 ounce, which puts her in 48th percentile for height and the 5th percentile for weight.
It's funny to me that they're still so small as far as weight goes especially, since I've worked so hard to get them as big as they are! They've come a long way though--they were down to 5 pounds, 8 ounces when they left the hospital and at their 2 week check up, they were only 6 pounds, 4 ounces.

Both Zed and Alice are enjoying different textures. Zed really likes having cloth rubbed against his face. Alice likes Daddy's stubble--as long as she only has to touch it with her hands! Adam put her hands on his face and every time he did it, she smiled so big...but when he tried to put his face by hers for her to "kiss" him, she wrinkled her nose every time. It was really cute!

They are also getting really good at focusing on things. Alice's favorite thing to focus on is Daddy's face; she's content to stare at Daddy for a long time whenever she gets the chance. She has definitely been a Daddy's girl lately and likes to have him hold her...so it's a good thing Zed has been a Momma's boy so I don't feel too left out! It's been neat recently to see how Zed responds to my voice--and that he'll even stop crying when I talk to him. The other day, Adam picked him up when he started crying. I was still in bed, just starting to wake up, but called out to Zed, and he stopped crying when he heard me, but started up again when Adam took him to get a diaper change instead of bringing him to me. But when I talked to him again, he stopped crying again. It's a pretty amazing experience to realize that I can affect him like that and know that I can be a comfort to him. :)

Zed and Alice are still really cute to watch together. They like to kick their feet and wave their arms and still try to eat each other given the chance. If one of them flings a limb close enough to the other's mouth, they're likely to get a licking, literally.

And of course, Adam and I are still completely wrapped around their fingers. We love those little sweeties so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment