Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Not-So-Great Idea

Adam and I have a bunch of material, and a sewing machine, and a pretty good amount of free time. So while Adam has been working in the basement, I decided, hey, why don't I sew something? I read up on rag quilts on the internet and everyone seemed to insist that they are SOOOOOO easy. Well, either everyone lied or I'm completely incompetent...

My rag quilt ended up being quite the project. I'm not that great at sewing, I'll admit, but seriously, when the unknown internet people talked about how easy it was, why didn't they mention that it's NOT at all easy to try to use denim because your seams get super fat and you will break....SEVEN (yes, seven) sewing machine needles trying to sew your quilt?

Anyway, it didn't turn out nearly as good as I'd hoped...and I'll be a little more wary of internet instructions from now on.

Oh, well...flaws and all, here it is.

front

back

No comments:

Post a Comment