Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ally Carter

On June 24th, Ally Carter visited the Library, and she was awesome! Ally is the author of two teen series, the Gallagher girls series (which features a group of girls who attend a special private school to receive training to be in the CIA) and the Heist Society series (featuring a girl raised in a family of art thieves who decides to re-steal art that has already been stolen and return it to the rightful owners). Ally was very funny and personable and it was awesome to be able to have her at the library. I have some photos and videos to share...except I can't get the videos to play when I load them in Blogger, so I don't know if other people can either...but here goes.


Ally's presentation in the Library ballroom.








Adam getting some books signed for my birthday present; Ally was a little surprised to see a guy (there weren't many there), but AMM, fellow librarian extraordinaire, explained that this was my hubby and I'd left hints that I wanted this for my birthday.




Me and Ally


Staff members posing with Ally; the plaid skirts are from the GG series; the others of us are dressed as thieves,from the Heist Society series


I've been trying for weeks to get the videos to load; hopefully they work now!
Here's Ally answering which of her characters she'd want to be and which she'd want to date--pretty much the BEST question and answer of the night.

Here, Ally talks about the "love triangle" in Heist Society...which in her mind, doesn't even exist. (P.S. Afterwards, I asked Ally if she likes Hale better than Zack, the romantic lead in the GG series, and she said she does like Hale better; Zack is more complicated and Hale is pretty much the perfect boyfriend.)

I didn't quite get all of this...but basically, the aforementioned Hale (Hale being his last name, his first name being unknown--we just know his initials are W.W.) was named while Ally Carter was in Utah, visiting Temple Square! Sweet!


Ally talked about how it was a huge struggle to write the second GG novel, but not as hard to do the second Heist Society book.

No comments:

Post a Comment