Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Random Tidbits

So, you know when you play those get to know you games, or you have to tell something interesting about yourself but you never have anything really interesting to say? (Or maybe that's just me...) For some reason, I've been thinking about those random bits of information about myself, so I figure I'll share a few.

Favorite book: I do NOT have a favorite book. I read a couple hundred books a year and you want me to pick ONE favorite book? I don't think so. So, here's a brief list:
  • The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton (This book was pretty much my best friend during my preteen/teen years)
  • Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling (Prisoner of Azkaban is my fave of the series; what can I say? I love Sirius Black)
  • These Is My Words by Nancy Turner (I refuse to read the other 2 books in the series, though)
  • Fat Cat by Robin Brande
  • Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer
  • The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (I also really like Getting the Girl by Zusak, and hope I will be getting that book for Christmas)
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Favorite movies: The Power of One (not the Pokemon movie; the one about apartheid in South Africa), Memphis Belle

Favorite type of music: Christmas music!! I will actually listen to Christmas music any time during the year if I need a pick me up. When I'm not listening to Christmas music, I like country best...can't beat George Strait or Josh Turner.

Favorite foods: cheese and chocolate...although, definitely NOT together

The places in the world I would most like to visit are:
  • Victoria Falls
  • Australia
  • Europe--to see the death camps (morbid, I know)
I have never been trick or treating. (Shocking, I know. That one always surprises people.)

No comments:

Post a Comment